Hi, in this guide I will explain how to install CS:S on your server. I will also tell you how to install addons and an admin mod. Also some basic commands you should know.
1. Start up your SSH client and connect to your server
$ mkdir srcds_1
$ cd srcds_1
You are now located in the directory where we will install CSS and SRCDS.
Please note that you don't need to include the $ only AFTER the space
3. Let's get the SRCDS package. We will need WGET This is a command that Linux uses to connect to the internet to get a file, if this is not installed you need to input this command into your SSH window:
$ yum install wget
It will go trough an installation, if it asks you if you want to install, press the "Y" key.
4. Now we have WGET, we can get the package.
$ wget http://www.steampowered.com/download/hldsupdatetool.bin
This will download the package from the internet.
5. We need to access the file, Linux automatically disallows the execution of bin file for security reasons. We need to chmod this, again if you don't have chmod installed on your system do the command:
$ yum install chmod
6. In order to access the file we need to chmod it
$ chmod +x hldsupdatetool.bin
7. Good, now the file is accessible, we can use it.
This will start the installation process of SRCDS. Follow the instructions.
8. Now this is done we can install the Steam Service, so we can connect to the servers to download the game files.
HLDS will now update, this may take a while.
9. Good! Now this is done we can start the installation process of Counter Strike: Source - this will take a while!
$ ./steam -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir .
This will get all the game files from the Steam server.
10. Now you did this, it's time to do a test. Follow these codes.
$ ./srcds_run -console -game cstrike +map de_dust -maxplayers 10 -autoupdate
$ sv_password [insert password here]
You need to add a password so nobody can play on the server while you test it.
11. When you're done testing, it's time to get some maps & mods.
For this you need FileZilla. you can get it from filezilla.com.
Use the Quick Connect, use your server IP, root username and pass and as port 22, it will send you to your account.
Click the directory SRCDS_1 and then the directory cstrike
12. Now we will upload maps and mods, for the maps go to the FPSB Map Directory to get those depending on your game mode. (At surf servers, you need sv_airaccelerate 100![/i]
13. Now we're in the cstrike directory, we need a CFG file which will tell the server how and what to do.
Generate a CFG file here. When you're done, save it as server.cfg and put it in the CFG directory
14. Now we do the maps, go to your cstrike directory and hit the map button, upload the BSP files (this might take some time).
[i]At the test part, where we put de_dust, you can change it to the map you want to run![/i]
15. Now the admin mod, we need to moderate our server!
You might want to use Mani Mod http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/forums/index.php
You can download it from the site I listed above - When you download this drag the files into your cstrike folder - it will work instantly, if not PM me or use the community. In game to access the AdminCP chat the following:
There are also other commands like @noclip, @kick, @ban and so on.
Now you did this your server is ready to go! You can now start it without having problems, go to your SSh window again and input this:
$ screen ./srcds_run -console -game cstrike +map [INSERT MAP HERE] -maxplayers 10 -autoupdate
If you do not have screen, input this SSH command and then try again:
$ yum install screen
Folow the installation instructions and retry the above command.
You DON'T have to use screen, it's just so that your server will run when you close your ssh window, if you want to go back, gdo the following command:
$ screen -r